FW: FW: [OM] Now I remember why... (somewhat wedding equipment off topi

Subject: FW: FW: [OM] Now I remember why... (somewhat wedding equipment off topic - long)
From: KRIS GARREN <KGARREN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 09:06:37 -0400
Denton,

The information I'm getting on this list is wonderful!!  THANK YOU!

For studio/portrait work, I would like to know which 35mm and MF will
provide
quality results.  I'm would like to find reasonable price (new or used) and
good quality.  What differentiates an amateur 35mm from a professional 35mm
in the portrait world?  These are the questions that keep me up late at
night<grin>!

>MF cameras are made in very small volumes. Also they are marketed to
professionals, who may use them heavily; therefore they are built to a
higher level of quality than 35mm amateur cameras. Note that I said
_amateur_, because if you compare _pro_ 35mm to MF, there is not always as
big a difference. For example, a Nikon F5 with a lens will cost about
$2500. For about that, one can get a new Hasselblad 500CM with lens and
back, or a Pentax 67, a Mamiya 645, or several others.>

Thanks,

Kris