Re: [OM] Now I remember why... (somewhat wedding equipment off topic -

Subject: Re: [OM] Now I remember why... (somewhat wedding equipment off topic - long)
From: Lars Bergquist <timberwolf@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 07:23:09 +0000
Wrote John Gardner:

>Ken - I have heard the Mamiya wides are very 'soft' around the edges. A pro
>friend of mine swapped his Mamiya gear for Pentax 6x7 because of this
>fact. You
>were right about the Bronny ETRSi, handles like a 35mm, especially with a
>speed
>grip attached and the lenses are superb.

First, I congratulate Ken on his find of a classic Mamiya Press 23 and to his
resolution to lug the thing. I have owned one with a full set of lenses, screen
back, cut film holders and two 6x9 rollfilm backs, and I loved it. I sold
it with
regrets only because of the weight. Do consider purchasing a wheelbarrow
as an accessory.

John---as I stated above, I had the 50 mm lens. It was perfectly OK.

Also, I once took the lenses to a qualified camera mechanic in order to have
the shutters tested. While he was doing it, I heard him mutter: "Really! Hm-hm!
Incredible!" He told me that the old Copal shutters worked with the accuracy
of electronics --- there was scarcely any detectable deviation at all.

Vänliga hälsningar/Best regards
Lars Bergquist
Välkommen till/Welcome to ...
<http://www.bahnhof.se/~timberwolf/>