Re: [OM] 4X4 the Rockies.......

Subject: Re: [OM] 4X4 the Rockies.......
From: "Ken Norton" <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 09:41:02 -0500
Bryant wrote:
> I can show you quite a few places up in those Rockies where a stuck jeep
>is left because it is just too expensive to hire the heavy lifting
>helicopter to get it out. Honest!

Reminds me of the television commercial where these advertising people are
on top of this mountain overlooking a canyon and one says "This is the
perfect place to photograph the 4WD vehicle."  Another responds:  "I know,
but how will we ever get it up here?"  Disappointed, they climb back into
their Jeep Cherokees and drive back down the mountain.

> I can send you a map with some of the better and more sane 4x4 trails
>marked if you wish. Might make the trip more fun....

I've responded to Bryant off-line, and will be getting his input along with
that of my brother's.  Since I'm such a verbose person on the list here,
I'll probably be boring everybody to tears with my blow-by-blow description
of our travel plans.  But I promise to post pictures of our beautiful
Suburban hanging by two wheels over a 1000 foot dropoff.

> Please bring the Suburban!

Economics may rule in favor of the Jeep, but we'll see.

Ken N.