Re: [OM] 4X4 the Rockies.......

Subject: Re: [OM] 4X4 the Rockies.......
From: gma <gma@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 13:20:43 -0700
PCA Cala wrote:

> Hi all:

<SNIP>

> Oly content: for 4WD'ing, a camera vest on the back of ther seats is great
> protection for equipment which would otherwise bounce all over the joint.
>
> Gary Reese
> Las Vegas, NV

Great idea!   4-wheelin' does tend to shake things up a bit.  I must
admit, my Oly's have been thru a lot of that.  And more.  They take a
lickin' and keep on clickin'!

In fact, on a similar vein, true confessions here: Several years ago I
was able to get to Yellowstone park in January.  What a wonderland that
place is in winter.  Well, this was my 2nd winter trip and this time I
wanted to go in on a snowmobile - for the photographic freedom.  Course,
there isn't much room on a snowmobile for photo equipment, so I rented a
snowmobile with an attached trailer, on which I put the camera gear...
BAD IDEA!  Might as well have put the stuff in a washing machine.  I
couldn't believe how much the darn thing was banging around (yeah I
should've known ...).  End result was a few good photos and a Slik
tripod that had to be tossed but there were NO casualties amoung the Oly
equipment.
One more note: being on a snowmobile just didn't 'feel' right in there.
Geysers and Bison and Elk and peace and quiet and there I am "VRRROOOM"
and smoke and all.  I wouldn't do it again.  I'll have to learn how to
cross-country ski with a load of Zuikos.
--

george  :>)