Re: [OM] Tripods

Subject: Re: [OM] Tripods
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 00:02:09 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 24 Apr 1998, Clive Warren wrote:

> OK Doris, I'll bite on that one - a stringpod?
> Straight faced waiting for the sucker punch......

  A stringpod is a device that weighs around 1 oz (or less) and buys one
about two f/stops in camera steadyness. To make one (I do not know of any
commercially sold), you buy a wrist strap, the sort that screws into the
tripod socket. Cut the strap off. Buy about 8 feet of string, I prefer
dark (green) color, because it will get dirty with use.
  Make a loop with the string just long enough so that when you hold the
camera to your eye, you can insert your shoe into the hanging part of the
loop, with a little tension generated along the string between your foot
and the camera. It is like a "negative" monopod, but works amazingly well.
Plus, in places where tripods are taboo, I've never had a problem with the
stringpod. It's so small, I sometimes forget it's in the camera bag!

                          *= Doris Fang =*