Re: [OM] That PVT thing

Subject: Re: [OM] That PVT thing
From: kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Volkhart Baumgaertner)
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 09:17:56 GMT
Yo Giles,

on Tue, 17 Feb 1998 22:21:37 +8, you wrote:

>John Hermanson contributes a huge amount to this list, I think few
>would argue that point.  He also sells available Olympus spares and a
>few overhauled and refurbished items, yet does anyone see him
>obnoxiously pushing his barrow ad nauseam?  If anyone should have a
>right to do so on this list without ill feeling it should be John.
>
>I am constantly amazed to see postings from people who have said they
>have gotten this or that do-dad from KEH or XYZ, such as a 2-13
>screen, OM2000 or whatever, when they could have as easily got it
>from John.  What has KEH or XYZ ever contributed to us?
>
>So I will take this opportunity to put in a plug For JH and Camtech,
>since he is too much a gentleman to do so on his own account, so next
>time you want something that is currently available, give a thought to
>whether JH might not be a more worthy supplier of your needs.

Giles,

I think you are absolutely right. For me personally, however, there is one
sole reason why I haven't bought stuff from John before (he now has - at
least I hope so - my OM-10 for repair). As I live in Germany, I prefer to do
overseas-deals by credit card, for reasons of cost (e. g. a money order in
US$ costs a fortune in fees over here), safety, and convenience.
Unfortunately, the only credit card John accepts is Discover, which is not
available here. I could imagine that other European list members have
similar problems.

MtFbwy,
Volkhart

--