Re: [OM] Apologies to the Group

Subject: Re: [OM] Apologies to the Group
From: kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Volkhart Baumgaertner)
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 16:21:22 GMT
On Mon, 16 Feb 1998 12:54:52 -0800, Gary Schloss wrote:

>Unfortunately, on the net much like in life, one has to take the
>bad with the good. IMHO, the basic question ought to be: are we
>better off with the Olympus Guy off the list?
>
>While the answer may be not as straightforward as it is for some
>other list members, who are not shy promoting their business here,
>but whose technical contibutions are deemed too important to give
>up, I am not yet convinced that the "silent majority" of the OLY
>list has spoken.
>
>Until that happens, may I suggest publicly to PvT to hang in there,
>albeit in a squelched mode. (Paul, take a lesson from Bill Clinton:
>the less you comment, the more popular you get. ;-))
>
>To PvT's numerous detractors I say: based on some of his posts that
>I actually bothered to read, PvT is a good businessman. By all accounts,
>he seems to realize that he needs his customers more than they need him.
>
>Moreover, from time to time PvT shows some sense of humor, humility
>(phoney or not), and class. May I suggest that PvT's opposition take
>notice, or learn to use the DELETE key -- whatever comes more naturally.

Gary:

My feelings exactly. That's why I made the suggestion I posted here a few
days ago. I might add that I have ordered from Paul twice so far. My first
order past September came in damaged, and I really liked the quick and
unbureaucratic way in which it was exchanged. So I really can't complain
about him as a dealer - even more so when I think of all the trouble I'm
just going through with B&H.....

MtFbwy,
Volkhart

--