Re: [OM] OT: Throttled speed on ethernet extender

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Throttled speed on ethernet extender
From: usher99--- via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 23:35:13 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: "usher99@xxxxxxx" <usher99@xxxxxxx>
Update to the update.  I plugged in a gigabit compliant device (Fruit company
TV box) into the extender while unplugging the ethernet switch and Wi-Fi speeds
were 486/294 with nothing plugged in and 370/105 after.  So as Wayne and others
predicted it is the 10/100 devices that no longer play well with the new
extender.  Verizon was willing to pick up half the cost of the Moca adapter.
It has four ethernet ports.  Some 3rd party ones just have one.  It would then
cost me 50 bucks or so to try that solution.  I know the main router does fine
with wired 10/100 devices as I have a Sonos device wired into it.    Very
strange not to make the "Extender" backwards compatible while the matching
modem/router has no issues.  Probably worth a chance so don't have to fish
cable across the whole house though the basement has open ceilings and just
need the magicians for the cabinet.
Moca adapt or go fish? Mike