Re: [OM] It might be camera replacement time

Subject: Re: [OM] It might be camera replacement time
From: usher99--- via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2023 22:53:20 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: "usher99@xxxxxxx" <usher99@xxxxxxx>
L &BB Moose writes:
<<The 12-100 is clearly a great lens, for everyone but me. We just didn't get
along. Esp. the <<closest focus at wide end is silly and limits its attraction
to me. Mike and I swapped this <<lens and the PLeica 12-60 back and forth in
Bhutan. I preferred the PLeica; Mike and Marnie are <<still happily shooting a
12-100. 🙂

Yes, for general walking around Marnie and I both prefer the MZ 12-100 F4.  The
sync IS is amazing and as Moose mentioned the weather sealing is very good.
The IBIS is so good on the OM-1 that the advantage of sync IS is less.  The
lens is a bit too slow to allow subject separation except under some
circumstances necessitating skilled PP.  The macro abilities of it are lousy
but the Sigma AML 72-01 achromatic diopter meshes well with the optics.  I have
never seen it so cheap!  I should get another.  Moose virtually put it in my
hand with a link to it on sale but this price is crazy. No step up or down ring
required either.
Sigma AML72-01 Close-Up Lens AM5900 B&H Photo Video (bhphotovideo.com)

All that being said the max mag of the PL 12-60 at the long end is nice and the
lens is small enough to fit in my long hiking pack so had to get one anyway.
Mike