Re: [OM] Wishes and M42 adapter for FTL Zuiko's

Subject: Re: [OM] Wishes and M42 adapter for FTL Zuiko's
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2023 08:07:05 -0700
At 1/13/2023 03:04 PM, Frank wrote:
>Op vr 13 jan. 2023 om 15:42 schreef Wayne Shumaker
>

>> As for the FTL OM M42 lens, most all my m42 lenses have the Auto pin and
>> it has never been a problem with the adapters.
>>

>Olympus (of course) used their own system for the FTL, with a fixed pin in
>a different location:
>
><
>https://olypedia.de/images/thumb/7/71/Legend_biofos.jpg/400px-Legend_biofos.jpg
>>

>Since it is fixed on the diaphragm ring, using a m42 adapter with a thicker
>ring (surface) doesn't work: the lens can't screw in completely and the
>diaphragm ring is stuck.
>

>> I'm curious if the G. Zuiko FTL lens is the same as the OM mount early G.
>> Zuiko lens.
>>

>I will test that later, with the 50/1.8, 135/3.5 and 200/4
>
>Frank

Fujica lenses did something similar, adding a tab on the aperture ring to
transfer aperture setting to the camera. This also can be a problem with m42
adapters. Although testing it with my FotodioX it seems to work OK, although
I'm not 100% sure. If the tab was binding the aperture ring would not be able
to move, but mine does.

This shows the Fujica lens tab
https://www.fujix-forum.com/threads/adapting-fujinon-m42-lenses-to-x-mount.22570/
Not sure this would apply to the FTL.