Re: [OM] Best wishes and a few shots from Mt Dessert Island

Subject: Re: [OM] Best wishes and a few shots from Mt Dessert Island
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2022 16:27:46 -0800
<<Nicely done. I have been to Bah Haabah and Acadia in winter. I hope you had a
<<good breakfast after the outing.

<<Is the third image "Trail above Sand Beach" what you had to scramble down?

Yes, we had a great breakfast.  Our place had a marginal "continental style"
but we went out.  Whole room to ourselves so little to no viral worries.  I can't imagine
going in August but after Labor Day like Moose might be fine.  There were still a few
hikers but not a soul at 1AM.  ;-)

Still busy, but not hopeless. Less crowded between cruise stops.

Covid and whatever other factors have devastated breakfast options on the Quiet Side. After the web site for the one place apparently serving breakfast turned out to have been lying, we turned back, bought eggs off a stand at a farm, and I cooked. Nice to have a full kitchen! Cafe This Way in BH has turned their little parking lot into outdoor seating with picnic tables and umbrellas. In good weather, as when we went, its nice.

The trail looped around so no bush whacking required.  There was a bit of
scramble early on the trail

Back in 2009, scrambling up from the beach to the loop trail was a difficult and painful experience - for one, me, with a sprained ankle.

and we could have used our poles (left home) but an improvised stick was fine.
The trail is quite scenic and enough modestly challenging features to keep your
attention.

Then we find that the trail also has access from a little parking lot at the end of Schooner Head Rd. Easy hiking from there.

I took a shot from much the same angle as Mike's, although a bit higher up. A little further So. on the trail gave a broader view. <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Travel/NorthEast_2009/MtDesert/Misc&image=_MG_8608oofm.jpg>

Ankling Well Moose