Re: [OM] Painterly vintage Lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Painterly vintage Lenses
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2022 21:55:16 -0700
On 8/5/2022 1:58 PM, Wayne Shumaker wrote:
At 8/4/2022 11:44 AM, Moose wrote:

  . . .
I have not had much time to read the list email, keep up, or respond of late. I
have run into too much work trying to sell a house while moving into a new
smaller house at the same time. Way too many things have come up needing
fixing, from painting interior, trim work, redoing the whole tile roof, pool
fixing, AC failing... My mind and body have not had time to rest. Today is my
first break of not doing much. (And not to mention sharing a house with a new
SO. That was fast.)

Before I became consumed with selling/moving I was deep into adapting lenses
and hope to get back to it.

I would want to go back to older emails to figure out which LensBaby thingy
would be of interest to me.

I've done several examples over the years. Let me know when you are interested
and I can post links.

We've been watching the Netflix series, "The Lincoln Lawyer". We're really enjoying it. One thing that interests me is that the cinematographer just LUVs what LB calls Sweet lenses - sharp in the center, sweet spot, and fading rapidly into soft away from center. Mostly for landscape/distant shots.

For some reason, my mind does not like swirly bokeh. Perhaps it reminds me of
being on a merry go round when I was a kid.

Taking my queue from other sources, I bought some cheap ebay Vivitar 2X Macro
Focusing Teleconverters that some have used, after removing the innards, for
the fine helicoid for focusing adapted lenses.

Good idea! I've got at least a couple of those around here.

Extendible Moose