Re: [OM] Painterly vintage Lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Painterly vintage Lenses
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2022 21:44:30 -0700
On 8/5/2022 4:53 PM, Wayne Harridge wrote:
For some reason, my mind does not like swirly bokeh. Perhaps it reminds me
of being on a merry go round when I was a kid.

I agree - I've seen a lot of swirly images online and only a few seem to
work for me.

I'm not wild about swirly, either.

Back when I had a 911, I found a German master mechanic who for philosophical/political reasons had his shop in a poor/working class neighborhood and only worked on VWs. I manage to convince him I was OK, only having a 911 through luck (true).

He only kept tools in the shop that were used on the cars he worked on, nothing extra. As a generic photo "mechanic", I like having lots of tools, for various uses in my kit.

Hence, swirly, and, perhaps, eventually, bubble bokeh tools in the kit. 😁
The new CV 35/1.4 classic lens wide open still pleases while being a good
35mm lens. I added a couple with that lens to my album, which I posted
before. See the last two here
https://photos.app.goo.gl/TR5Ud27mgL5cvdoJ8
I much prefer this type of look over the dizzy look.
2 good examples, particularly the first of the 2.

The first is indeed gallery quality! I also like the last, red & yellow
flowers, another CV35/1.4 shot.

when the dust settles...

Oh My Goodness. Since we had work done in the house and my house cleaner of almost 40 years suddenly died, we are drowning in dust. Take a picture, process, and I'm done. Dust, and it's all back in such a short time! 🙁

Dusty R. Moose