Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 5/8/2022: testing my new Fotodiox adapter

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 5/8/2022: testing my new Fotodiox adapter
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2022 21:32:18 -0700
On 8/6/2022 12:29 PM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
One of the reasons I recently bought into the Olympus OM system was because of
the reputation of the lenses. I have a 28mm, 50mm, 85mm and 35-70mm Zuiko
lenses now. I very much like the results I see on film, but I also wanted to
try those lenses on my Fuji X cameras. So I just got a Fotodiox adapter to do
just that. I was especially interested in trying the f2/85mm on the Fuji, and I
was not disappointed. My percentage of accurate focus was 100%, and I am really
pleased with these results. Here are 3 samples, to which no further sharpening
or other unnatural acts have been applied.

The Magic Cactus:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-32vjm8x/A
<https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-32vjm8x/A>

In my garden (I focused on the edge of the leaf in the foreground):
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-KGptc9t/A
<https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-KGptc9t/A>

Always interesting to see how relative focal and OoF distances and the nature of the subject affect bokeh. The cactus but is just right, but the rest of the plant doesn't please my eyes. OTOH, the leaves look good in the OoF area.

My daughter, a bit worn out after a flight from New York to Madrid followed by
a 4-hour drive from Madrid to Alicante:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-zp2cHsf/A
<https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-zp2cHsf/A>

Works perfectly at the task it was designed for!

I know this is a bit sacrilegious, but this 85mm Zuiko lens is fully on par
with any Leica lens in that type of focal length that I have ever used.

You are far from the first to make that comparison, as well as folks making similar assertions about various other OM lenses vs Leica counterparts.

Please do not start a religious war, my camera bag is a broad tent.

I've never used a Leica FF lens; no ground to stand on.

L. Innocent Moose