Re: [OM] OM-1 and 100-400 mm lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-1 and 100-400 mm lenses
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2022 23:29:48 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
Endless Combinations Moose writes:

<<On paper, the Sigma Achromatic Macro Lens AML 72-01 should be a good match
for the Oly 12-200. Soft City. T132, nice and sharp.

<<And so on. Why? Dunno, and so it goes . . .

Strange result!!!   The T132 on the MZ 12-100 is lousy!!  The images looked OK
on the LCD when taking hem but always waaaaay too soft.  I thought it was IS or
something but even with very high SS, no good results.   On the other hand, the
Sigma is decent:

https://www.olyendomike.com/La-Palma-2022/i-QZWcZqx/A

Working distance not that great, but good enough.  I would not have it if His
Mooseness had not sent me a link to a deal.

Like we said, idiosyncratic.

Go figure, Mike