Re: [OM] OM-1 and 100-400 mm lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-1 and 100-400 mm lenses
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2022 02:09:10 -0700
Oops, there should be a link after "subtle full pixel difference?" <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/Lenses/Oly%20100-400/LeicavsOly100-400.htm>
==============

On 7/6/2022 3:58 PM, Moose wrote:
On 7/6/2022 6:32 AM, DZDub wrote:
On Wed, Jul 6, 2022 at 6:34 AM MICHAEL GORDON via olympus <
olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

TC Moose writes:

Not enough turbid chai?
Insufficient space in the time capsule?
Inadequate turbo charger?
No true crime?

Indeed, Marnie did buy some fully caffeinated chai tea and I do on
occasion  but some lactose free FairLife milk in it so it is turbid.  Thus
I become Turbo Charged on Turbid Chai so I can try to figure out how to
install my Adaptall TC (teleconverter)

Ah yes, got a couple of those (3?). The matched 2x on the 90/2.5 is particularly good. I don't recall installing them as particularly difficult. Insert between lens body and Adaptall-2 mount adapter. Something about matching little light blue dots and moving a tab around so it mates with a square cutout, before rotating to latch?

As to "That leaves the TC deficit", I wasn't thinking about that. I have mixed
thoughts about the MC-14.

In an ultimate, test target way, it definitely is better than an Up-rezzed 400 mm shot. OTOH how often will I want that rather subtle full pixel difference?

Look at this, and one may say that's impressive! <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/Lenses/Oly%20100-400/O100-400Yellow.htm>

But then, For one of the things I think most of us would like a long lens for, the air column vitiates the sharpness, and processing to regain it is artifacty <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/Lenses/Oly%20100-400/O100-400Hawk.htm>.

Another factor, for me is my antipathy toward lens changing in the field. 😉  Standing on wet ground near the water, switching TC on/off is an act of legerdemain. The TC is tiny, so it's not its size/weight, just juggling it with big, heavy lens.

I did get some good shots, leaving it on for a walk. Probably should do that again.
😁

The other thing about a TC is that it keeps closest focus, while magnifying. Also, with these Olys, it is in EXIF: "M.100-400 F5.0-6.3 + MC-14"

  on the 400/4.

No got. OM 600/6.5 get me any cred?

Magnification conventions are weird in that it is independent of format
but the MFT is a crop.

I'm sure there's a way. We could work one out - but would anyone adopt it?

The Coppers have an 18mm wingspan so perhaps a 1:3 or so is a better choice.

TC Mike

Three is definitely a crowd with you two.

Get a little geeky, a little silly, a bit punsterish, and join in!

  "Tele-converter" was the only
acronym I guessed in the original.  I think Moose is blocking because of
Schnoz's attempts to tele-convert him to Slikerypix.

Certainly possible. More likely than GrittyPix.

T. Converted Moose