[OM] "Fun" with PDF's

Subject: [OM] "Fun" with PDF's
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2022 23:18:52 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
I know there is an abundance of computer expertise on this list and thought to
check here first.  I have to redo some credentialing papers and was sent an
editable PDF.
Trouble is if one saves a copy it is no longer completely editable, and some
fields cannot be signed with Acrobat (free version).  I discovered this when I
went to finish it after about 15 min of filling it out.  No biggie, and by the
time I found software to remedy the situation, if it is possible, I could redo
it.   I told them about this, but they had no interest in modifying their
routine.
So I carefully completed it (most of the stuff is in my CV and is a total waste
of time).  Of course, now they require a couple slight modifications as they
are being ridiculously fastidious and spending 2 hours is not an attractive
prospect.
I see there are free PDF editors and the "pro" Adobe version.  The converters I
have used online in the past altered the formatting too much and that will not
work.  Thought I'd check here first.
Appreciate any comments.

PDF (Pretty Damn Frustrated), Mike