Re: [OM] Off to the "wilds"

Subject: Re: [OM] Off to the "wilds"
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 09:39:59 -0800
It’s always good for retirees to take a break and go on vacation…

We are seeing an uptick in Covid cases here but still pretty reasonable.
Those who are getting sick are really hammered by it so there is more
isolation, as well as identification. But life looks remarkably “normal”
here. But most people do tend to have slightly larger space bubbles than
before.

Yesterday I hiked up to Reed Lakes at Hatcher Pass. The trail was about the
busiest I’ve ever seen a trail in Alaska. It was my first time going up to
the high portion of the trail and it didn’t disappoint. I took almost a
thousand pictures. The trail gets very difficult where it traverses the
boulders but is rewarding. I’m really sore today. It’s so amazing that for
such a huge state, the hiking and scenery right around Anchorage is as
beautiful as any National Park. (Yosemite is Yosemite, though).

AK Schnozz