Re: [OM] IMG: Black-and-Gold Bumble Bee and Carpenter Bee

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Black-and-Gold Bumble Bee and Carpenter Bee
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 09:20:57 -0500
Hi Moose. Thanks for asking. My problems stem from my physical condition. At 91, I have become very unsteady on my feet.  The weight of the 50-200 on either the E-1 or E-M1 is more than I can handle without a monopod, and moving about with the combined gear is awkward.  I had been using the E-1 combination because the larger camera felt better with that lens. The inertia of the big rig doesn't make for quick shots. Hence, I chose to try the 50 Macro on the E-M1 for improved agility. I chose cropping over the extra reach.

But, it is primarily because the result of aging and infirmities.