Re: [OM] Laowa announces second chipped MFT lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Laowa announces second chipped MFT lens
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2021 16:38:27 -0700
At 6/11/2021 02:34 PM, you wrote:

>Thanks. So it is, as I suspected, one of the many Chinese companies producing
>cheap lenses.
>
>Nathan Wajsman

I recall a time when we referred to "cheap Japanese" stuff. Now MIJ lenses are
a premium and usually desired. So who knows. Quality is quality. I don't have a
"made in China" iPhone, but rather a "made in Thailand" Sony Xperia. I do have
a "made in China" Sony 24-105/4 lens that is very good. My GX9 is "made in
China"... Some X-T4s are "made in China"... I suspect a lot of stuff is made in
China and now re-labeled or assembled elsewhere to get around tariffs.

Made in Missouri - WayneS