[OM] Laowa announces second chipped MFT lens

Subject: [OM] Laowa announces second chipped MFT lens
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2021 23:27:32 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
<<I have a LOT of non-electronic legacy glass that I shoot on MFT. It would be
<<nice to have the 7.5/2 and not have it take up one of my ten non-electronic
<<lens slots.

It is worded poorly--the non aperture control refers to the light weight
version.  The new auto version is chipped and puts in exif and FL for ibis and
aperture control is
via the cam.  I would rather like an aperture ring option too but exif and Fl
reporting to IBIS is great.  Moose just might have kept his but he more and
more likes AF.

MFT lenses in general have more sample variability and the Laowa ones even more
so. Still this lens is more attractive now.

 Oly shies away from designs that are susceptible to large aberrations if tight
manufacturing tolerances are not maintained.   Sigma now checks MTF and lens
element alignment at multiple points in manufacturing to reduce sample
variation--it still happens though.  Sonnie might have become overconfident and
the new 14/1.8 seems to require meticulous manufacturing---sample variability
already seems to be a significant  issue.  (speculation).

https://www.diyphotography.net/laowa-has-released-an-automatic-aperture-version-of-their-7-5mm-f-2-lens-for-micro-four-thirds/

Nice to see some new WA options for MFT.

Mike