Re: [OM] Is OMZ 50 1.4 (high sn) sharper stopped down than 50 1.2? --Cau

Subject: Re: [OM] Is OMZ 50 1.4 (high sn) sharper stopped down than 50 1.2? --Caution, on topic.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2021 22:25:37 -0700
Hi CH, nice to "hear" from you!

On 5/14/2021 6:24 AM, C.H.Ling wrote:
Thanks for the warm welcome, Mike and Piers. I'm still reading the list everyday and wait to see if I can contribute something :-) Topaz Sharpen AI is one of the topic as I found it very useful for saving the shake shots. Thanks for Moose image samples on the Sharpen AI, it led me to purchase the software.

After playing the software for a few weeks, I found it very good for shake and noise reduction but you have to be very careful on the artifacts it could create during the process especially in "Motion Blur" mode. The software has problem in many areas but it worth the money even it only works on certain percentage of the problem images I have, it is highly recommended.

With four primary models, "Very Noisy" and "Very Blurry" submodes and 3-4 settings within them, the options are sort of endless. I never use the "Auto" setting.

I'm not sure I've ever found an image where Sharpen doesn't made at least a small improvement in one mode/setting or other. In other cases, the results have been magic.