Re: [OM] Is OMZ 50 1.4 (high sn) sharper stopped down than 50 1.2? --Cau

Subject: Re: [OM] Is OMZ 50 1.4 (high sn) sharper stopped down than 50 1.2? --Caution, on topic.
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2021 10:00:25 +0800
I tried DeNoise AI two years ago, wasn't very happy with the result since it removed some fine details together with the noise (with digital image), don't know if the updated version will do better.

For film images I used to use Neat Image to remove the grain. On the other hand RawTherapee also do a fine job in noise removal.

I agree with you Sharpen AI does not work very well with film images. But it do ok sometimes:

http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/2000-01X-22T.jpg

http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/2000-01X-22T-SAI-motion-noisy-77-32.jpg

It works perfectly for a slightly blurred digital image:

http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/P1300579T.jpg

http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/P1300579T-SAI-motion-normal-35-30.jpg

It does not perfectly stabilize this phone camera image but do a fine job in noise removal.

http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/IMG_0326T.jpg

http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/IMG_0326T-SAI-motion.jpg

What I hope is the later Sharpen AI update can make GPU processing as good as CPU in image quality as it runs five times faster with my GTX 1060.

C.H.Ling