Re: [OM] Viewfinders [starry 14mm]

Subject: Re: [OM] Viewfinders [starry 14mm]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2021 02:45:53 -0700
I like Jan's shots too.  Joel was correct about John' Lind's image being a
TOPE shot.  It was the OMZ 18 mm lens that was  used.

An excellent lens. I have to admit, though, that I didn't really learn how to use that FL before digital came along. Sure, I took shots, but few successful.

With 5D and Tammy 17-35 I came into my own with the FL. 563 shots @ 17-19 mm,
155 processed for web display.

It's likely the feeling of freedom, the ability to see the results immediately and the lack of additional cost for just trying things out, that helped me learn. Browsing them now, I see a lot of keepers that could not have been taken with a less wide lens.

I also see some/many that could benefit from newer software and greater processing
experience. 😉

How Wide is My Valley Moose