Re: [OM] Viewfinders [starry 14mm]

Subject: Re: [OM] Viewfinders [starry 14mm]
From: DZDub <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2021 17:13:43 -0500
On Mon, Apr 26, 2021 at 1:00 PM Jan Steinman <jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > From: DZDub <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:jdubikins@xxxxxxxxx>>
> >
> > Jan S. had a
> > very cool image of bleeding heart that he made with the same setup
>
> Are you talking about this one?
>
>         http://www.bytesmiths.com/Item.php/99-3443-38
>
> I don’t recall exactly how I shot that, but the 21/2 on a 7mm extension
> sounds about right! That was a favourite combo in for me in those days. I
> liked how wide-angle macro made you feel 3D, like you were inside the
> image.I think this is another:
>
>         http://www.bytesmiths.com/Item.php/02LAA26
>
> I always appreciated how Olympus bucked the trend and had a set of thinner
> extension tubes than all the third-party tubes. The 7mm made extending the
> 21 even possible.

Yes that's the one!  Love it.  I think we had some good threads going on
the usefulness of the 7mm tube in particular back in the day.  It's a very
cool look, and you've nailed it (and my memory did not fail me, yay).
Eventually I got the Oly tubes and a 21/3.5, with which I was NOT able to
duplicate what you were able to do with the 21/2.  But I attribute that to
failings other than the 21/3.5. :(

Joel W.