Re: [OM] Earthlink Outage ?dial up? Means?

Subject: Re: [OM] Earthlink Outage ?dial up? Means?
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2021 12:30:15 -0900
>      American web page designers want to be as high-tech as possible to
> impress themselves, the users, and the rest of the world, while others want
> to convey information to the lowest common denominator, such as those with
> dialup service.

Here in Alaska, we have many remote communities that have either
satellite or microwave network backhaul. To get ANY semblance of
usability, we have to resort to a lot of very creative (and expensive)
tricks to give the users a decent experience.

But on the other hand, I'll have 2GB Internet access here at my house
shortly. :)

AK Schnozz