Re: [OM] OT: Missing Packages

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Missing Packages
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2020 10:21:05 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     I'm not seeing any serious delays from anywhere else, just dead ends at
Memphis.

     The usual culprit in these situations is a hyge sorting facility near Los
Angeles.  Many packages that pass through there without tracking or insurance
disappear there.  Books are best sent by way of priority mail instead of media
mail so that you will have insurance and tracking.

>I'm afraid so.  There are going to be a lot of disappointed people who
>are sending all of their gifts by courier or mail!
>
>https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/12/15/postal-service-holiday-packages-delays/?fbclid=IwAR03L6znb6SOEdh0xZzPSZz-xRRe-F0WO8T93G-c16g28N4RTzXhLsHBtsg
>

>>      This morning I was refunded by evilBay for a package that got as far
>> as Memphis and then **POOF** disappeared.  Now I have a second package
>> overdue after passing through Memphis.  Anyone else experiencing this?

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson