Re: [OM] Waaay OT--stuck water filter housing

Subject: Re: [OM] Waaay OT--stuck water filter housing
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 19:14:14 -0800
Can I assume a 4 x 20" "big blue" housing? I have a good quality Rigid strap wrench and a couple big pipe wrenches but in the past have used an oil filter wrench. Cheap strap wrenches are junk. Make sure to secure both the housing and the cap. Also are you sure that the pressure is totally released upstream and down? Opened a faucet as well as the drain? FWIW I use Vaseline on the threads and O rings but the silicone grease should work fine too. Wear gloves when putting a lot of torque on those plastic handles. They break. Not good!
Good luck.

mike