[OM] Setting Sun and Falling Snow

Subject: [OM] Setting Sun and Falling Snow
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2020 10:30:57 -0800
Setting Sun and Falling Snow. Chugach Mountains. Eagle River, Alaska.
Olympus E-1 with 50-200 SWD Lens. "They say" the E-1 just isn't very
good. ISO 100, F5.6, 1/60, 200mm, monopod. Processed in Adobe
Lightroom. Keen observers will note that this is like the previous
picture, but was taken the following evening.

http://zone-10.com/d1/node/373

The old girl (E-1) still has a few pictures left in her.

Just a side comment. The previous night I shot the scene with both the
Sony A7mk2 and the E-3. I fully expected the Sony to do a serious
smack-down on the E-3, but it turns out that the best pictures were
from the E-3. The extreme latitude of the Sony doesn't always make for
better pictures, but sometimes tends to make highlights and shadows
muddier. If we adjust the highlight, shadow, and contrast settings, we
can usually dumb-down the Sony images enough to make them interesting,
but the images can look forced.

Obviously, under high contrast scenes, the Sony is usually far and
away the best camera, but by the time I Schnozzerize the images, they
can lack the organic feel I like.

AK Schnozz