Re: [OM] Hello from the past:), 9355 messages later and two lenses offer

Subject: Re: [OM] Hello from the past:), 9355 messages later and two lenses offered (24 shift and 21f2).
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2020 17:02:29 -0700
On 9/28/2020 5:14 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
I haven't encountered that. My fingers were poised to disagree. Then I realized
that my slow movement from Oly to Panny lenses means I seldom use the few Oly
lenses I have left.
. . .

The native Panasonic lenses on the GX85 are VERY quick focusing. The
25/1.8 is a bit slow if I'm using single-point focusing, but otherwise
is also snappy enough to not be a problem. BTW, I think that 25/1.8 is
really a nice little gem of a lens. For being an almost freebee, (I
bought it on sale for about $100), it holds its own against really
expensive lenses.

Agreed. As Zoom Boy, I haven't used it that much, but the results have pleased me. <https://photos.app.goo.gl/mgmmm4ugdou55dL86>

It all started with the Oly 14-150 lens I had when I got a GM5. I loved the
ergonomics and FL range, but no IS was a
problem, so I switched to the Panny 14-140, with OIS. Then Ctein, after one of
his compulsive lens comparisons, declared
the then new Panny 42.5/1.7 to be better away from center than the Oly 45/1.8 -
AND - OIS.
My only complaint with the Panasonic lenses is the zoom ring rotates
in the wrong direction.

Same complaint, but in the other direction. ;-)
The "real" question may be why you are using this lens, or any Oly 4/3 lens, on a
Panny µ4/3 body. Those lenses are
designed for PDAF focusing, which the Panny, and Olys other than the E-M1
series, don't have. Also, Panny's DfD AF won't
work with them. So, you need a tripod to hold the camera so you won't get a
cramp hand holding it, waiting for focus. :-)
Because I can!  Well, it's more than just that, of course. It's
because these lenses are really really good and they actually have
focus rings I can turn. I will say that the 12-32 is a brilliant
little lens, but it lacks aperture, reach, and a focus ring.

PLeica 12-60. Da Bomb!

But wait! Those two bits of gear were actually designed to work together!
Yes, and they do extremely well too. As I now have multiple types of
lenses and multiple types of bodies in 4/3, I see where there was some
localized optimization. The 14-42 performs very well on the E-400, but
not so much on the other bodies. The 14-54 performs best on the E-1
and E-300, but hunts like an ADD/ADHD hound on the E-3.

Fixed with the 14-54 II?

Nifty Fifty Moose