Re: [OM] Hello from the past:), 9355 messages later and two lenses offer

Subject: Re: [OM] Hello from the past:), 9355 messages later and two lenses offered (24 shift and 21f2).
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2020 14:55:25 -0700
On 9/21/2020 5:10 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
Panasonic AF stinks,
Works for me, better than E-M5 II, for most subjects.
With non Panasonic lenses, that DFD is horrid.

I haven't encountered that. My fingers were poised to disagree. Then I realized that my slow movement from Oly to Panny lenses means I seldom use the few Oly lenses I have left.

It all started with the Oly 14-150 lens I had when I got a GM5. I loved the ergonomics and FL range, but no IS was a problem, so I switched to the Panny 14-140, with OIS. Then Ctein, after one of his compulsive lens comparisons, declared the then new Panny 42.5/1.7 to be better away from center than the Oly 45/1.8 - AND - OIS.

80+% of the photos in this gallery were taken with GM5 and those two lenses.
<https://goo.gl/photos/JE6dSSvqHtBRRWXb6>

If I recall correctly, it's not DFD that is horrid; it's non-existent with Oly lenses, and simple CDAF is what's making you unhappy.