Re: [OM] E-M5 iii + lens

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M5 iii + lens
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2020 21:19:06 -0700
At 6/23/2020 05:59 PM, Ken wrote:
>Honestly, Wayne, I think one of the best close-up configurations is
>the OM Zuiko 100/2 or 100/2.8 with extension tubes on the Sony A7(x)
>body.

I don't lack for close up with the A7's.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/MsmgDwPQWotHF3s89
Sonay with 90mm macro, stack of 24.
These look like puff balls until you get real close.

I have found, in my experience, that lenses that only make
it to 0.1X are often frustrating, for me, to use. For instance,
I really like the Sonie Sonnar T* 55mm for its sharp images.
It is small and light, easy to carry. But I bump into the
0.14x MFD often. I therefore have MFD as a lens criteria.

I have extension tubes, Just that I don't often anticipated
needing them in the field, until I need them. I like Moose's
idea of achromatic CU filters.

The Sonay 90mm macro is one of my favorite lenses and fun to use.
I focus stack with it often.

I used the OM 90mm macro for a long time with the OM4-Ti.
It was a bit soft. I can see the OM 100/2 with extension.

The Sonay 90mm is a sharp lens and did I mention, fun. Just
push or pull the focus ring for AF or MF. It even has distance
scale markings. The other macro I enjoyed a lot was the
Canyon 180mm macro. I would like to see a 180mm macro
for an A7(x).

WayneS