Re: [OM] E-M5 iii + lens

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M5 iii + lens
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2020 22:15:49 -0700
On 6/23/2020 5:07 PM, Wayne Shumaker wrote:
At 6/22/2020 05:07 PM, Moose wrote:
As to lenses, another reason I have a Panny is that my favorite lenses are
Panny, PLeica 12-60 and 100-400. I DO NOT LIKE the Oly 12-100. In addition to
just not getting along with it in some general way, closest focus @ 12 mm is a
disaster for anyone shooting flower, bugs, anything close. Did I mention
STUPID??

Apparently, there are lots of people who like it. :-)
I see there are people who like the 12-100/4. What about close focus at 100mm?

Oly 12-6100 = Maximum image magnification = 0.3x (Wide) / 0.21x (Tele) (35mm
equivalent: 0.6x (Wide) / 0.42x (Tele))

PLeica 12-60 = Maximum image magnification = 0.3x (0.6x : 35mm camera
equivalent)

Doesn't sound that different in print. In practice, it drove me crazy. I did have both lenses for some time. I got rid of the 12-100 when I hadn't used it for ages.

I'm curious.  Was this with lens on the Pany or an Oly?

Oly E-M5 II

I did pull the trigger on a used GX9 over the E-M5. So lenses are on the menu.

Fun!

Here's something I tend to fail to remember/mention. Oly and Panny zooms zoom in opposite directions. That wasn't a particularly big reason I preferred the 12-60 over 12-100, at least consciously, but using gear IS smoother, more intuitive, if all one's zooms turn in the same direction.

The reason I tend to forget that factor is that mine DO all zoom the same way.

One Way Moose