Re: [OM] Stuck at home in Pennsylvania

Subject: Re: [OM] Stuck at home in Pennsylvania
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 21:08:19 +0200
I use a Mac too. I shoot Leica (a 12-year old M8), Panasonic, Fuji, and
assorted film cameras. I do other strange things. But I am also an economist
and I insist on precise usage of words. “Monopoly” refers to a market where
there is one provider. Microsoft and Adobe are therefore not monopolies. They
are part of oligopolies, markets with a few dominant players. But there are
alternatives. And there is always the potential for a disrupter to come in and
spoil the party. I am more worried about companies like Amazon or Facebook.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

YNWA

"I’m not arguing, I’m just explaining why I’m right"