Re: [OM] Self-isolating

Subject: Re: [OM] Self-isolating
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2020 21:37:15 -0400 (EDT)
     I took an afternoon cycling ride into and around town here this afternoon.
 Far fewer cars and people you would normally see through the centre of town,
but elsewhere there were all sorts of people.  They were walking, jogging,
roller blading, cycling, sun bathing, etc.  And they were of all ages.  In what
must have been almost 200+ people, I only saw one wearing a mask, and she was
four miles from downtown.

     Yes, we have all bars, restaurants, gyms, schools, and theatres closed.
Grocery stores have limits on how many of certain items you can buy.  Some
shelves remain empty, such as bleach.  If left uncontrolled, people would strip
the grocery stores bare in a couple of days out of sheer panic.

     Myself, I've been through Three Mile Island and a number of lesser
disasters, so for now I don't see this as being nothing more than an
inconvenience.  That will probably change in a couple of weeks, but I'm not
going to let that ruin my enjoyment of the early Spring weather.

>I also believe mask is very effective in reducing the case. Here in Hong
>Kong 99% of people wear mask when going out. The population density is
>very high here just can't keep distance when going to supermarket or
>local wet market.
>
>Very few people use gloves except the shop workers. Just avoid body
>contact and do not touch your face before fully wash your hand.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson