Re: [OM] Self-isolating

Subject: Re: [OM] Self-isolating
From: Jan Steinman <jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2020 09:01:57 -0700
> From: Tina Manley <tmanley@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:tmanley@xxxxxxxxx>>
>
> I decided I don't need anything from the grocery store any time soon.

We’re in a similar situation. We’ve got about 1.4 Mormon’s worth of food in the
house.

We’re even bringing eggs to the food bank, because we can’t eat them fast
enough and people aren’t even buying from our farm stand, even though we have a
squirt bottle of IPA there with a note that we sterilize surfaces at least once
a day, or whenever we see someone leaving.

Strange and interesting times, indeed. But I wouldn’t call it “scary.” I
realize a certain amount of this is just dumb luck (or non-luck), but I’ve
always had the attitude that you have a huge influence over your own luck. We
do things carefully, and lacking some idiot coming through and purposely
infecting us, we’ll get through.

My new theme song: The Police, “Don’t stand so close to me."

Back on topic: I’m taking photos of our products and posting them to our local
Craig’s List equivalent to try to drum up some farm stand business, touting the
security of a well-run farm stand over a grocery store, where God knows who was
just touching that item you just bought. Gotta keep some cash flow until my
first “old guy” cheque comes in October.

Jan