Re: [OM] Self-isolating

Subject: Re: [OM] Self-isolating
From: JOHN DUGGAN via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2020 19:24:52 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: JOHN DUGGAN <john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Take care.gloves are a very good idea, as long as you avoid face/eye contact.
Normal masks less so. The small size of the virus allows it to pass through
most masks unhindered. The main advantage of masks is they hinder droplets shed
by an infected person from spraying in all directions. In the UK there have
been worrying cases of hospital Doctors and Nurses killed by the virus, having
been infected during the course of their work.Many health professionals STILL
have not got the PPE that they need to function safely ! Hopefully there will
be a day of reckoning for the present group of charlatans running this country.
(end of rant)PLEASE take care. This virus kills without mercy.
Regards John Duggan, Wales, UK

    On Monday, 30 March 2020, 15:34:47 BST, Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
wrote:

 At 3/29/2020 09:00 PM, Moose wrote:

>We know it's a risk here. Yet less than half those shopping when we did last
>Thursday were wearing gloves, and maybe a quarter wearing masks. Which of
>those not with a mask was infected, throwing off virus, but not yet
>symptomatic? How possible is it to really remain 6' apart in supermarket
>aisles?

Good luck finding a mask or gloves. Maybe people don't wear them because they
can't get them.

WayneS