Re: [OM] Self-isolating

Subject: Re: [OM] Self-isolating
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2020 21:00:16 -0700
On 3/29/2020 1:58 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
Moose, we are in a more secluded setting than the Bay Area.  I'm not suicidal, but, as you are aware, I am turning 90 in a week, and went into this period of adversity having just faced a round of surgery with skin cancer, and having chosen not to take the treatment any further.  At this stage, I will choose my battles, and will keep in mind the quality of life I will face in my remaining time.  That said, it appeared that the shoppers I encountered this morning were aware of the danger and were adhering to spacial guidelines.  Most of my purchases will sit in the cupboard or freezer for several days before use.

You know, sometimes something I write doesn't sound the same later. I was not criticizing your choices with the sharp voice I now "hear". Your description just set me thinking about the general choices I see around me and hear about. But it came out "sounding" different.

We know it's a risk here. Yet less than half those shopping when we did last Thursday were wearing gloves, and maybe a quarter wearing masks. Which of those not with a mask was infected, throwing off virus, but not yet symptomatic? How possible is it to really remain 6' apart in supermarket aisles?

Might I question your choices? Sure, but not from the perspective of a critic, from the perspective of one of those on photo lists who love you and hope you will stay around, brightening up our lives with your photos, and your life.

Moose