[OM] setting up a photo database

Subject: [OM] setting up a photo database
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2020 00:53:11 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
Isn't LR as good as  just about anything for that?  Perhaps can still obtain a
copy of the latest standalone version for that.  It would be stagnant though.
I had asked this question on the list a couple years ago and that seemed to be
a dominate opinion at that time.  I will need to visit this issue soon too.  I
think LR just adds a superstructure, as I recall, and doesn't physically change
where the images are stored unless specified.  I am certain LR even has face
recognition.  Not sure how it would do with the pup. I have DXO (Photolab now)
for other reasons but haven't used it as a DAM.

I think you were looking 3 years ago and were considering digiKam then.

http://lists.tako.de/Olympus-OM/2017-01/msg00267.html

http://lists.tako.de/Olympus-OM/2017-01/msg00296.html

It did not seem able to filter by geotags at that time.

Paying attention, Mike