Re: [OM] Musings - Re: setting up a photo database

Subject: Re: [OM] Musings - Re: setting up a photo database
From: Jez Cunningham <jez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2020 19:38:56 +0000
AFAIK LR‘s use of xmp sidecar files is optional. It always stores all the
image-specific data in its database but you can choose to also create
sidecar files to improve compatibility with other DAM tools.
However as you say, ‘collections’ are only in the database. If you need to
switch to a different DAM you could apply the collection name as a keyword
to all the included images and rebuild the collections in the new DAM
(assuming it has something to support such a thing).

Jez