Re: [OM] Musings - Re: setting up a photo database

Subject: Re: [OM] Musings - Re: setting up a photo database
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2020 19:12:38 +0000
Capture One will operate as 1a or 1b, Wayne.  At home on my iMac I operate
using 1a, sometimes called Referenced Files, I believe.  This will run my
database/catalogue with whatever file structure I fancy.

When I’m on the road I operate with 1b with a new catalogue, then import the
catalogue to my main one when I get home.  I can then move all the image files
to the hard drive so that they become referenced like the remainder.

I posted a comparison between LR and C1 a few days ago, but your youtube video
is made by Dave Grover who does most of the Capture One tutorial videos and
webinars; he’s pretty good at explaining stuff.

Chris