Re: [OM] another one with the 12-200

Subject: Re: [OM] another one with the 12-200
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2019 11:27:26 -0800
> From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>

> I carry the PLeica 100-400 because I love LONG.

I carry the OM 500/8 Reflex with me everywhere, because I can.

I guess I like small and light because they fit in my bag, and big, heavy, and
fast if I have to carry anything besides my bag.

I can't see carrying a separate case for something that tops out at f/6.3! I'll
the 500/8 plus a focal reducer does better than that, at under 60% of the
weight and length! (But, of course, no autofocus and no OIS.)

So yea, I put a premium on small and light. But if it can't be small and light,
it has to earn its keep by being fast.

:::: There is no more light in a genius than in any other honest man -- but he
has a particular kind of lens to concentrate this light into a burning point.
-- Ludwig Wittgenstein <http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=Ludwig+Wittgenstein> ::::
:::: Jan Steinman, EcoReality Co-op <http://www.ecoreality.org/>‌ ::::‌‌