Re: [OM] Lens choices for m43 - Painful thoughts

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens choices for m43 - Painful thoughts
From: Bill Pearce <billpearce@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2019 14:13:33 -0400 (EDT)
I'm not sure I understand why the current interest in FF. How many people can
need that level of resolution?

Wow! i'm impressed. I have been the only person to ask that question along with
it's first cousin, how much resolution do I need? More of course. The truth is
that most of the people that buy high MP count cameras and post on internet
forums don't take photos that are ever printed at more than 4x6 and don't
deserve to be printed bigger. I have three cameras in regular rotation, a D3, a
GX-7 and an OMD-EM5ii. Not a one has over 16 MP. The one most often printed big
is the 12MP D3, and I'm critical and think the prints are fine.

And I'll say this again, CartieBresson's photos are in no way the technical
equivalent of Ansel Adams work. I've seen both in museums, and I know which one
I like best, and it's not AA.