Re: [OM] Lens choices for m43 - Painful thoughts

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens choices for m43 - Painful thoughts
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2019 10:56:22 -0400
On 9/17/2019 7:27 PM, Wayne Shumaker wrote:
As Lucifer would ask "What is your heart's desire?"

"Lucifer", meaning "Light Bringer", a mis-translation/misunderstanding of the name of the son of the ruler of Babylon during the Jewish Exile. Introduced in an early English translation of the Old Testament (just before the King James??), and then carried on forever as an inaccurate synonym for Satan.

Money aside, what would be a good enough FF and what would be desired?

I wouldn't throw away an A7 II or III, if given one. OTOH, my only use for FF mirrorless is to use old and odd MF lenses from the film era, and my simple, IBIS-less original a7 is fine for that.

I can't imagine going back to FF for photography in the field. Among other things, I'm completely hooked on 800 mm eq. that I can carry and hand hold.

I'm not sure I understand why the current interest in FF. How many people can
need that level of resolution?

Light Bringer Moose