Re: [OM] Any weird OM film gear out there for sale

Subject: Re: [OM] Any weird OM film gear out there for sale
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2019 09:34:32 -0600
Hi Chris,

I was 62 when I made my last flight.  I then began showing symptoms of "Fever of Undetermined Origin" which, after some months, was shown to stem from Endocarditis, an infection of the mitral valve in my heart.  The appropriate cure was replacement of the valve with a mechanical valve.  Since access was through the aortic valve, I ended up with two St. Jude mechanical valves, which are still clicking after 25 years of service.  However, when I inquired of the FAA about a new medical certificate, I was told that I could apply, if I wished, but they had never approved one for a pilot with two artificial valves.  Because of that, and the fact that I would be on anticoagulant medication for the remainder of my  life, I accepted the fact that my flying days were over.

Life does go on.  And I still enjoy visiting the airport and shooting photos.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA