Re: [OM] OT: not quite

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: not quite
From: Frank <wijsmuller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2019 14:59:48 +0100
I will never buy such a big camera, and I'm afraid it even damages their
brand/system image, small and light. Which is unfortunate, because it
certainly has its place alongside my FF system (with many OM lenses (to
stay on topic ;-)).

On the positive side, the e-m1 II might become slightly cheaper on the
secondhand market (where I source most of my gear). The main features for
me are the 20Mp sensor, high res picture and pro capture. But I want
Olympus to deliver on their promise of significant firmware updates, so far
they didn't on the e-m1 II.

Op za 26 jan. 2019 om 20:05 schreef Moose:

> On 1/25/2019 11:57 AM, Philippe wrote:
>

> I am in the process of switching away from Oly bodies.
>
> > https://www.fujirumors.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/1.jpg <
> https://www.fujirumors.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/1.jpg>

Fujifilm XT-3 is a no go without IBIS for me, and I won't buy into a APS-C
system where IBIS means bigger then FF camera's (i.e. XH-1 vs Sony A7
<https://camerasize.com/compare/#772,724>).

For whatever reasons, and I wish them well, Oly has been moving to serve a
> different market than me and others who
> treasure the small, light aspects of their traditional offerings.
>
> It started with the 12-40/2.8 Pro and 40-150/2.8 Pro in 2013 & 2014. Since
> then, every single new lens has been a big, heavy, fast Pro lens.

Hmm... wasn't the 100-400 a favourite of you? Not exactly a lightweight
either? At the end of the day, the 12-40mm is my favourite lens, very
compact for what it offers and a nice compromise between size, weight and
IQ. Therefore I don't think it doesn't belong in a compact system. It might
meet a 17mm 1.2 in my bag one day. Maybe big for m43 but a manageble size
stil.

Apart from a compact ultra wide-angle, what compact lenses do you miss in
m43?

I think Panasonic is moving away from small and light in m43 faster then
Olympus btw, they did some bigger lenses but also G9, GH-4/5/s etc.