Re: [OM] USB to SCSI scanner connection

Subject: Re: [OM] USB to SCSI scanner connection
From: Mike Bloor <admin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2018 13:40:14 +0000
Thanks Tim,

I will look into this. I believe the card has an internal header but I think that's also 68pin.

Mike

At 12:44 11/12/2018, you wrote:
I used to use old surplus scsi cables including ribbon cables of various sorts as cheap cables when connecting to National Instruments Data Aquisition boards and similar devices as they used some of the same 68pin connectors for their cards and their cables were very pricey. In addition I could buy very cheap 68pin to 50 pin adapter cards like these :SCSI SCA 80Pin to 68Pin to 50Pin IDE Hard Disk Adapter Converter 10MB/s | eBayYou might be able to use something like that adapter board with ribbon cable if your scanner uses an IDC connector for example. Have you tried looking on ebay. for surplus cables?H\ÙYÈ?^@ surplus scsi cables from a local Silicon Valley company "Halted Specialities" that you might call too.Some of the adaptec cards used to have additional headers on them so you could connect an internal 50pin ribbon cable. You might be able to use a ribbon cable from there and run it out through an unused computer card slot.
Tim