Re: [OM] USB to SCSI scanner connection

Subject: Re: [OM] USB to SCSI scanner connection
From: Mike Bloor <admin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 17:28:37 +0000
Thanks Jez,

I can see a post from from Chuck in 2006 saying, "Several have tried various USB to SCSI converters (including Adaptec) and all have ended in failure."

At least that may have saved me some time. I have a spare desktop PC that could be dedicated to scanning. I bought a top end Adaptec SCSI card from Ebay and installed that. What I don't have is the 68pin (PC) to 50pin (scanner) cable that I need. The only place I could find them on sale, the price was many times the cost of the card.

I used to run the scanner using an Adaptec PCMCIA/Cardbus card in a laptop. I even have a PCMCIA card holder that will go in the desktop PC, but the cable length from the card to the scanner makes the physical setup impossible to use.

Mike