Re: [OM] USB to SCSI scanner connection

Subject: Re: [OM] USB to SCSI scanner connection
From: <timhughes@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2018 12:44:59 +0000 (UTC)
 Hi Mike,           not sure what connector is on your scanner is it a
D-connector or a Centronics connector or some custom connector?
Apart from my Nikon slide scanner with scsi I also had a very High speed HP
flatbed scanner that might have a similar scsi cable to what you are looking
for and likely available cheaply used.
I used to use old surplus scsi cables including ribbon cables of various sorts
as cheap cables when connecting to National Instruments Data Aquisition boards
and similar devices as they used some of the same 68pin connectors for their
cards and their cables were very pricey. In addition I could buy very cheap
68pin to 50 pin adapter cards like these :SCSI SCA 80Pin to 68Pin to 50Pin IDE
Hard Disk Adapter Converter 10MB/s | eBayYou might be able to use something
like that adapter board with ribbon cable if your scanner uses an IDC connector
for example.
  Have you tried looking on ebay. for surplus cables?
I used to buy surplus scsi cables from a local Silicon Valley company "Halted
Specialities" that you might call too.Some of the adaptec cards used to have
additional headers on them so you could connect an internal 50pin ribbon cable.
You might be able to use a ribbon cable from there and run it out through an
unused computer card slot.
Tim

    On Monday, December 10, 2018, 9:28:57 AM PST, Mike Bloor <admin@xxxxxxxxxx>