Re: [OM] Anchorage Earthquakes

Subject: Re: [OM] Anchorage Earthquakes
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2018 11:59:53 -0900
Here are a couple of pictures in the house:

Bedroom:

Kitchen:

Cracks in the yard:

I'll probably post a few of the damage to the house, but suffice to
say that there will be a LOT of drywall repair. Literally every room
and nearly every wall has cracked or broken drywall. Some of the
cracks and holes are quite large. Some can be taped, but there will be
entire sections of walls that will need to be replaced. It's the same
story everywhere here in Eagle River. We got the brunt of it here as
the main energy release was actually in our direction.

So far, we estimate loss of contents (our stuff) to be under $3000,
but unfortunately, it included the total annihilation of the plates
and about half the cups to a beautiful matched set of heirloom china.
Not really high monetary value, but sentimental value. But
surprisingly, all of the serving bowls survived. A brand new TV didn't
survive, a couple of laptops bounced off a concrete floor, so did a
printer, Bose speakers, coffee maker, etc. There are a few broken
picture frames and a lot of dents and scratches on furniture.

In the camera room, the E-1 was the only camera that tried skydiving
without a parachute. It fell off the workbench with the 200/4
attached. Not a scratch, and not a problem. Everything is fine.
Honestly, I wouldn't expect anything less from that camera.

AG Schnozz